Fresh Blueberry, Blueberry MuffinsBy Trillia Newbell | January 29th, 2012 | Category: Uncategorized | Comments Off on Fresh Blueberry, Blueberry Muffins
By Trillia Newbell
I made these blueberry muffins for breakfast and woke up at the crack of dawn to make them again the next morning! Yes, they are that delicious. And simple. Make them with fresh blueberries-not frozen, for a delightful breakfast carb.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed and at room tempature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin cups or line with muffin liners.
- Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 3/4 cup sugar, salt and baking powder. Place vegetable oil into a 1 cup measuring cup; add the egg and enough buttermilk to fill the cup. Mix this with flour mixture. Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top, and sprinkle with crumb topping mixture.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Mix together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Mix with fork, and sprinkle over muffins before baking. Note: You will not use all of the topping. Simply sprinkle to cover.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until done.
This recipe was first seen at All Recipes and was adapted from To Die For Blueberry Muffins